Paper 3 – Controversy Synthesis
For your third Nursing essay in this dispose, transcribe an controversy union responding to the subjoined prompt:
The decipherings for this part debate the concept of fallacious stories posing as real journalism. In your Nursing essays, debate the greater reasons why vulgar prize and portion-out fallacious stories. Transcribe an controversy union after a while the instruction helpful in the assigned catechism and invent your essay to counterpart the question:
“What are the deep reasons vulgar prize fallacious stories posing as real journalism and what can an
specific do to forefend refined and sharing fallacious stories?”
Use immodest sources (listed under) and one added division of research that you settle to living your controversy.
Your hearers is professors/students in a 4-year university; take they bear not decipher the texts. The diffusiveness of the Nursing essay accomplish be 1000 tone. The format is double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, MLA name.
Successful Nursing essays accomplish:
· Enclose an efficient importation that gives a public overview of the question and your device. This accomplish demand to enclose a limitation of “fallacious stories posing as real journalism” and this question’s matter.
· Bear a subject proposition that indicates the deep subject of the essay, which is “What are the deep reasons vulgar prize fallacious stories posing as real journalism and what can an specific do to forefend refined and sharing fallacious stories?”
· Be systematic encircling the manifestations found in the assigned decipherings.
· Enclose efficient substance paragraphs that evidently narrate each manifestation and cater instruction after a while manifestation from the assigned decipherings.
· Use insinuating appeals (logic, character/credibility, agitation) to wave your decipherer.
· Enclose a disposal that restates the deep points and explains the avail of the manifestation; why is it forcible? What might be the note of not paying watchfulness to your controversy?
· Decipher the specimen Nursing essay and rubric before your match.
Assigned decipherings: All of these recordings, videos, and catechism you demand decipher is in the subjoined.
Bennett, Bo. "Confirmation Bias." YouTube. YouTube, 29 Mar. 2014. Web. 21 Jan. 2017.
Domonoske, Camila. "Students Bear 'Dismaying' Inability To Tell Fake Intelligence From Real, Study Finds." NPR. NPR, 23
Nov. 2016. Web. 21 Jan. 2017. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwoway/2016/11/23/503129818/study-finds-
Eberhart, George. “Media Literacy in an Age of Fake News” American Libraries. Magazine 1 Nov. 2019. Web. https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2019/11/01/media-literacy-in-an-age-of-fake-news/
Maheshwari, Sapna. "How Fake Intelligence Goes Viral: A Case Study." The New York Times.
20 Nov. 2016. Web. 20 Jan. 2017. https://nyti.ms/2k1AjO8
Martin, Michel. “Misinstruction encircling the Coronavirus” https://www.npr.org/2020/03/14/815916424/misinformation-around-the-coronavirus NPR. NPR, 14 March 2020. (4:54)
Mudde, Cas. “Why the hysteria encircling the 'fake intelligence epidemic' is a distraction” The Guardian. 7 Feb. 2018.Web.
Pariser, Eli. "Beware online "filter bubbles"." Eli Pariser: Beware online "filter bubbles" | TED Talk | TED.com. N.p.,
Mar. 2011. Web. 11 Jan. 2017. https://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles (8:57)
Steinmetz, Katy. “How Your Brain Tricks You Into Refined Fake News” Time. 9, Aug. 2019. Web. https://time.com/5362183/the-real-fake-news-crisis/