1. The Earliest Continental Parliament met in Philadelphia on September 5, 1774. All of the colonies sent representatives bar Georgia. This parliament continued in synod until October 26, 1774. By then it had passed resolutions business for a cow counter British dealing. The author's ocean scope was
a. To educate b. To allure c. To inform d. To communicate an opinion
2. Authenticate the subject-matter of judgment of each of the aftercited passages. "My remedy compeer was a round-cheeked, taciturn adolescent man, sombre further his years, I thought; but as our eyes happened to unite I detected a contempt shake on his lips. I looked down at uniformly. It was not my bisect to permit cross-grained on consideration my ship. It must be said, too, that I knew very tiny of my officers." (Joseph Conrad, "The Secret Sharer")
a. First peculiar b. Third peculiar poor c. Third peculiar all-knowing d. None of the above
3. Authenticate the subject-matter of judgment of each of the aftercited passages. "He had sinvolve himself to content in his choice: his casualty was his own; for as to Frank, it was over than being tacitly brought up as his uncle's legatee, it had beseem so nominal an adoption as to enjoy him claim the designate of Churchill on hereafter of age. It was most incredible, accordingly, that he should always scantiness his father's maintenance. His father had no instinct of it." (Jane Austen, Emma)
a. Third peculiar all-knowing b. Third peculiar poor c. First peculiar d. None of the above
4. Any multifold decree contains
a. Insubject sections sinvolve b. Dependent sections sinvolve c. One stubborn section and one or over subject sections d. Neither stubborn sections nor subject sections
5. An appositive is a phrase or section that
a. Is a noun or clump of vote acting as a noun b. Is placed correct instant to a noun c. Gives over educateation environing a noun d. All of the above
6. Select the uprightly punctuated decree containing appositve.
a. The vocational counselor an practiced reconsignment specialist has agreed to succor me get a job. b. The vocational counselor, an practiced reconsignment specialist has agreed to succor me get a job. c. The vocational counselor an practiced reconsignment specialist, has agreed to succor me get a job. d. The vocational counselor, an practiced reconsignment specialist, has agreed to succor me get a job.
7. Read the plight and authenticate the kind of encounter specifically pictorial. Three women start on a hallucination err to sail from the Florida Keys to Bimini. During tlegatee voyage, a storm hits and capsizes tlegatee sailboat. They cleave to a career raft, ascend on consideration, and survive for three weeks on candy bars and rainwater.
a. Character-against-character b. Character-against-nature c. Character-against-society d. Character-against-self
8. Content apply to incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. Which conception can be befriended from the earliest stipulation?
a. Ms. Pugh is a afflictive dame. b. Ms. Pugh is an old dame. c. Ms. Pugh has been thunshaped a lot. d. Ms. Pugh was a globe adjust ballerina.
9. Content apply to incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. What is the best antonym for informed.
a. Aware b. Forgetful c. Ignorant d. Mindful
10. Content apply to incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. What does the tidings certain enjoyn involve?
a. A retreat b. A theater program c. A sacred construction d. A wholesome alternative
11. Content apply to incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. Which is the best antonym for uneasiness?
a. Ambivalence b. Calm c. Confusion d. Delight
12. Content apply to incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. Why was the narrator's firmness undesigned?
a. The children's theater was plug to her home. b. Her sons erudite frequent costly career lessons. c. She expected her sons to beseem amiable dancers. d. She got to see Ms. Pugh's bad srepeatedly earliesthand.
13. Content apply to Incident B2 and reply the aftercited doubt. Which best describes the scholarly technique used in the aftercited decree: "My uninhabited, unshaped boys, who were repeatedly so impetuous they disarranged me in notorious, fragmentarily became a incongruous class."
a. Literal, purport it is to be silent correspondently as it is written b. Figurative, purport not intentional to be interpreted in its positive judgment c. Foreshadowing, purport it offers hints and clues of what is to follow d. Inversion, purport a permutation of the regular arrange of vote for substance